30 MINUTE CHICKEN & WHITE WINE POT PIES
These pot pies are one of my fave things to make and if you know me well, there is a 80% chance that I’ve probably made these for you. They are completely idiot proof and take 30 minutes from start to finish.
I usually make individual pot pies but this time I also made a larger one. You can follow the recipe and do whichever.
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 15-20 Mins
Smoked Bacon (3 rashers, cut into small strips)
Garlic Infused Olive Oil (1tsp)
Chestnut Mushrooms (125g, sliced)
Chicken Breast (250g, diced)
Plain Flour (25g)
Dried Thyme (1/2 tsp)
White Wine (dry, 100ml)
Chicken Stock (200ml)
Puff Pastry (1 roll)
- Preheat your oven to 180c. In a heavy-based frying pan, fry the bacon strips in the oil until they start to crisp, then add the mushrooms and soften them in the pan.
- Turn the diced chicken breast in the flour and thyme.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt before adding the floury chicken. Stir around with the bacon and mushrooms until the chicken begins to colour.
- Slowly pour in the chicken stock and the wine, stirring to form a sauce, and let this simmer for a good five minutes.
- Take two 300ml pots or ramekins and make a pastry rim for each one. Dampen the strips with water to enable it to stick.
- Divide the Chicken filling between the two pots
- Cut a circle of pastry bigger than the top of the pots to make a lid. Place the pastry on top of the rim and seal with your fingers or a fork. If you are feeling more creative, you could platt the pastry like shown in the pictures.
- Use one egg yolk and a splash of milk for the gloss. This will give the pastry a warm and glossy shine as it cooks
- Cook for around 25 minutes, turning around halfway through cooking.