blahblahblah blah blahblalalalalalalalahh blaaaaaah. this bolognese is fucking lit. I think I pretty much used every herb and spice in my kitchen to make the chorizo flavouring and then some. I also threw red wine into the mix because who doesn’t love a boozy bolognese?
You can use ground pork, beef, lamb or turkey for the meat. It’s really whatever you prefer. I used turkey in this one.
What you’ll need:
For the Chorizo:
Ground Beef, Pork or Turkey (500g)
Cider Vinegar (1/4 cup)
Chili Powder (2 tbsp)
Paprika (1 tbsp)
Ground Cumin (1 tsp)
Salt (1 tsp)
Garlic Powder (1 tsp)
Ground Coriander (1/2 tsp)
Dried Oregano (1/2 tsp)
Ground Cloves (1/4 tsp)
For the Bolognese:
Rosemary (2 Sprigs)
Red Wine (125ml)
Can of Chopped Tomatoes (400g)
Brown Sugar (2 tbsp)
Mozzarella (200g, torn)
- Combine Black Pepper, Ground Cloves, Oregano, Coriander, Garlic Powder, Salt, Cumin, Paprika and Chili Powder and stir well. Add Vinegar and mix.
- Add the ground meat and knead until spice mix is combined. Transfer to a food storage container and leave in the refrigerator over night.
- Add some Olive Oil to a pan and cook the Rosemary for around 30 seconds until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Add the ground meat to the pan and cook for around 4-5 minutes and then add the Red Wine and cook for a futher 30 seconds.
- Add the Tomatoes and Sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook with a lid for 5-6 minutes until the liquid has reduced slightly.
- While the Bolognese is cooking, add the pasta to a pan of salted, boiling water and cook as instructed on the packet.
- Drain the pasta reserving 1 cup (125ml) of the pasta water and add this to the Chorizo mixture. Stir well until combined.
- Top the pasta with the Chorizo Mixture, Mozzarella, Crispy Rosemary and Black Pepper to serve.