LEMON & GARLIC SALMON
I’m currently doing this 21 day no junk food challenge so expect healthy recipes for the next three weeks. It basically means no chocolate, no fast food, no white bread, no fun, no pastries, etc. I’m on day 6 so yeah. I’ve never really been a massive fish fan but at the moment I’m eating it 2-3 times a week. I’m loving it.
This recipe takes 15 minutes from start to finish, as the honey and lemon juice cooks with the fish, it bubbles and thickens which immerses the salmon in a sticky sweet and sour sauce. Amazing.
Salmon Fillets (2, small)
White Wine Vinegar (1 Tbsp)
Garlic (3 cloves, minced)
Honey (2 Tbsp)
Lemon (1, juice of 1/2, wedges from the other 1/2
- Season the salmon fillets with the cayenne, black pepper and salt.
- Mix the honey, lemon juice, vinegar and 1 tbsp of warm water in a bowl with a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet and once hot, place the salmon in the centre with the lemon wedges around. Cook until half-done.
- Add the honey mix, garlic and cook off the liquid until the honey mixture becomes sticky.
- Finish off my broiling in the oven for one or two minutes.