KARMA COLA & BBQ PULLED PORK BURGERS
Barbecue Pulled Pork. Win. Slow Cooked Barbecue Pulled Pork. WIN. Slow Cooked Barbecue Pulled Pork in Karma Cola. ALL THE WINS.
Can we all agree that these Pulled Pork Burgers look like the best thing ever? Slow cooked for 8 hours in Karma Cola, the pork is tender, sweet and freaking delicious. I’ve also used barbecue sauce and brioche buns because if you’re gonna do something, you might as well do it properly.
Karma Cola is the UK’s only Fairtrade organic Cola. Their original cola recipe is made of real cola nut which is grown by the Mende and Temne people in Boma, Sierra Leone. It’s flavourful taste and natural ingredients also make it a great option to cook with.
Karma Cola (1 Bottle, 330ml)
Boneless Pork Shoulder (Medium Size)
Barbecue Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s, 200g)
Brown Sugar (2 Tbsp)
Garlic Powder (2 Tsp)
Onion Powder (1 Tsp)
Black Pepper (1 Tsp)
Sea Salt (1 Tsp)
Cayenne Pepper (1 Tsp)
Chili Powder (3 Tsp)
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, garlic powder, peppers, salt, onion powder and chilli powder in a bowl. Rub the pork with the seasoning mix until all evenly covered. Leave any excess rub in the slow cooker.
- Place the Pork Shoulder in the slow cooker and pour the Karma Cola over the Pork. Cook for 8 hours, turning once.
- Remove the Pork Shoulder from the Slow Cooker and pull the meat apart with two forks, removing any excess fat.
- Remove all liquid from the Slow Cooker Bowl and return the Pulled Pork with the Barbecue Sauce and leave on ‘Keep Walm’ for 30 Minutes.
- Mix an egg yolk with 2 Tsp of Milk and wash over the top of the Burger Buns, add sesame seeds (optional)
- Assemble the Burgers adding Coleslaw and more Barbecue Sauce.