LEMON CHICKEN & ASPARAGUS
My absolute fave dish to order when I’m having a Chinese is Lemon Chicken. I could literally eat it every day if it wasn’t for the calories. I put together a healthy version and it’s so good I ate most of it before I even plated it up. It’s also great because you can cook it all in the same pan (less washing up).
You can now find my recipes on Yummly. You can use the YUM button at the bottom of my posts to save my recipes to your personal recipe box, along with recipes from other publishers.
Chicken (Mini Fillets, 300g)
Flour (1/3 Cup)
Panko Breadcrumbs (1 Cup)
Parmesan Cheese (Grated, 1 Cup)
Honey (4 Tbsp)
Asparagus (2 Servings)
Olive Oil (3 Tbsp)
Lemon Pepper Seasoning (1 Tbsp)
Garlic Flakes (1 Tsp)
Minced Garlic (1 Tbsp)
Fresh Parsley (1 Tbsp)
Butter (Melted, 1/2 Cup)
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Grab three bowls. Add flour to the first bowl. Combine panko, half of the parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the second. In the third bowl, add the zest of one lemon and the juice of three medium lemons, minced garlic and 5 tablespoons of melted butter. Stir and remove 4 tablespoons and set aside.
- Grab the Mini Fillets, coat each one in flour, then the garlic lemon mixture and then coat in the parmesan panko mixture.
- Place on the sheet plan. Use any remaining panko mix and sprinkle over the chicken fillets.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and remove.
- Flip the chicken fillets, place the asparagus next to the fillets, and drizzle the reserved lemon butter sauce. Sprinkle remaining parmesan over the asparagus and toss with tongs.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 3 tablespoons of melted butter, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, and the honey into a small bowl. Add some pepper and parsley.
- Remove from the oven and top with the honey mixture and serve immediately.