CLASSIC CARROT CAKE
Nothing beats a classic Carrot Cake. This one is beautifully moist and has Cinnamon and Ginger flavours. I have very slightly adapted this recipe from Mary Berry.
I also do not have the time or patience to be making my own cream cheese icing so I had my good friend Betty Crocker help me make a batch. If you would rather make your own (I applaud you), I have left the recipe for Cream Cheese Icing below.
Sunflower Oil (250ml)
Eggs (4, Large)
Light Muscovado Sugar (225g)
Carrots (250g, Grated)
Self Raising Flour (300g)
Baking Powder (2 Tsp)
Cinnamon (Ground, 1 Tsp)
Ginger (Ground, 1 Tsp)
Toasted Almond Flakes
Butter (50g, Room Temperature)
Icing Sugar (25g)
Full Fat Cream Cheese (250g)
Vanilla Extract (1 Tsp)
- Grease three 16inch cake tins and preheat the oven to 160c.
- In a bowl, add the Sunflower Oil, Eggs and Sugar and Whisk until the batter is well combined and becomes lighter.
- Grate the Carrots and fold into the Batter.
- Fold in the Flour, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Ginger, mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the three cake tins and cook for around 35 minutes or until the cake is golden.
- Leave on a cooling rack and prepare the icing by mixing the Butter, Icing Sugar, Cream Cheese and Vanilla Extract in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Spread the Icing between the three cakes and sandwich together. Ice around the cake lightly and generously on the top.
- Sprinkle the Toasted Almond Flakes to the top of the cake.