FIVE MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKES
I’ve tried a lot of different recipes for mug cakes which have left me feeling disappointed because they are either too spongey or too dry. Microwavable cake doesn’t sound appealing but I swear this recipe is about to change your life.
The cake takes five minutes from start to finish, you can enjoy it hot or cold (I would recommend hot) and you can add your own toppings and fillings. I have made two as an example, one with Nutella and one with Peanut Butter. Both with chocolate chips.
If you’re not a fan of Peanut Butter or Nutella, you could try Caramel Sauce, Lotus Biscuit Spread or Marshmallow spread. For toppings you could use Whipped Cream, Chocolate Sauce, Fruit or Chocolate Chips. I’ll leave the creativity to you.
Time: Five Minutes
Flour (1/3 Cup)
Cocoa (2 Tbsp)
Sugar (3 Tbsp)
Baking Powder (1/8 Tsp)
Salt (A Pinch)
Vegetable Oil (2 Tbsp)
Milk (1/3 Cup)
Vanilla Extract (A Splash)
Nutella (1 Tbsp, Optional)
Chocolate Chips (1/4 Cup, Optional)
- In a mug, add the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well until combined
- Add the vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract, and stir until everything is nicely combined
- Take a tablespoon of Nutella and add to the middle of the batter, do not mix or stir
- Add Chocolate Chips around the Nutella, do not mix, save some of the chips for later
- Microwave for 90 seconds. Times may vary depending on your microwave. Mine took 90 seconds, if you think your cake needs a little longer, microwave in 10 second intervals.